Every day is Tax Day.
Taxes don’t come just once a year.
They come home with you from every shopping trip, hitch a ride on every gallon of gas and call out from every phone bill.
All told, there are dozens of different taxes out there, at every level from local to federal. And more than likely you’re not aware of most of them, or the impact they have on your bottom line.
One thing you can be sure of is that they add up. So the more you know about what taxes you pay, the better prepared you’ll be to factor them into the important decisions you make:
- Should you change jobs?
- Should you buy a house or rent?
- Should you consider moving across the country—or to the next county?
The Total Tax Insights calculator makes it easier to see your annual estimated tax picture. Here’s how it works:
- You start by entering information into the calculator. This can be as simple as the county where you live, your marital status, your federal “adjusted gross income” and your number of dependents. If you don’t have the exact numbers, that’s okay; just enter your best estimate—you can always recalculate later.
- If you’d like a clearer picture, you can enter additional information; everything you might want to have handy is listed in the Calculator Checklist.
- Then, based on what you’ve entered, the calculator will instantly show you your estimated taxes. And once you see what you’re paying, you can begin figuring taxes into your financial plans.